Recently I had the absolute pleasure of catching up with the gorgeous Filliar Condoleon from Asimina Nails & Beauty. Filliar was kind enough to share with me her top products that every bride-to-be should have in their makeup bag! These products are staples that will give you a quick, fresh, natural look, in five minutes!
1. Primer: Using a makeup primer is crucial in keeping your makeup lasting throughout the day. It also creates a smoother, more even looking skin. I have a couple of favourites, Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, Mac Prep and Prime and Latonas Pore Perfecting Primer.
2. Tinted Moisturiser/Light Foundation: A perfectly colour matched tinted moisturiser or light foundation will hide any redness , pigmentation or dark areas that you may have and will brighten up dull skin. A personal favourite is ISSADA Mineral Liquid Foundation. I have worn this for years. It is great for the skin and feels like you’re wearing nothing at all. The product smoothes on like velvet and looks so natural.
3. Dark Circles and Unwanted Bags: Yves Saint Laurent Touché Éclat will add luminosity and light to any unwanted bags and puffiness around your eyes. Simply click around the eyes and use your fingertips to blot into the skin.
4.Mascara: There is no need to spend a fortune buying top brand mascaras. Over the years L’Oreal Lash Architect is the best mascara I have come accross. It gives you the false lash look every day and can be found at most chemists.
5. All-rounder: Paw Paw Ointment is a staple for sure. The best thing is that it is so versatile. Apply on lips for a soft moisturised finish. Apply over the top of cheekbones and even over eyelids for that quick dewy , luminous look. It is also a great hand cream and body moisturiser for really dry skin.
6. Eyeliner: For an eyeliner that creates a quick, sexy, smoky look for the everyday, you can’t go past the Mac Powerpoint Eyepencil in Engraved. Just smudge over eyelids and in waterline. No need to fear the panda eyes, this stuff does not budge!
7. Rosy Cheeks: Yes, there is a colour out there that suits every skin tone and age, Stila Cream blush in Peon. Apply with fingers over cheeks for a soft, fresh and natural look. Also use on eyes and lips. This is a great product for multiple uses!
8. To set the look: Use Mac Translucent Setting Powder for any unwanted shine or oilyness once makeup is applied. Blotting powder will not add any more makeup, it will take away the shine. You won’t even know your wearing it!
To get in touch with Filliar, or to find out more about Asimina Nails & Beauty, check out their website http://www.asimina.com.au/