If you are after a gown that screams romantic elegance and class, then a gown with an illusion neckline, may just be for you. The illusion style neckline is best thought of as a “strapless gown, with coverage”. Often featuring a sheer, delicate layer of fabric that can include lace and embellishments, the illusion neckline covers the area of your decolletage and back, that would normally be exposed when wearing a strapless gown. The style has been spotted all over the runway, and has been a hit with designers like Vera Wang, Collette Dinnigan and Henry Roth! Below are some of my favourite Illusion Neckline gowns, to inspire the mind!
1. At number one, Collette Dinnigan takes the cake, with her ‘Lattice Pearls’ creation from her True Romance Collection. The neckline is to die for and is so unique. Love love love!
2. In second place, the always amazing Henry Roth, with the gown ‘Kara’. The a-line gown is rocking a 50′s inspired, raised sheer lace boat neckline. Stunning!
3. In third place, Marchesa have ticked a few of the 2012 wedding dress trend boxes with this gorgeous knee length embroidered tulle gown. I just love the flirty feather skirt!
4. Maggie Sottero, gives the illusion neckline the one shoulder treatment with her gown ‘Bernadine’. The attention to detail on the bodice is complete with Swarovski Crystal embellished lace. Exquisite!
5. Coming in fifth place is the amazing ‘Henriette’ by Vera Wang. The high neck, cap-sleeve gown with floating lace appliques, creates the perfect illusion neckline!
..and just for the extra bit of eye candy, in case you missed it, Holly Branson recently got hitched in a Jane Hill gown, that takes another twist on the illusion neckline. Loving this dress!
Image Courtesy of Best of Dress